The snubber ring in your top load Frigidaire washer model FWS833AS2 sits at the base of your washing machine. Its main function is supporting the washer’s leg and dome assembly, which helps hold up the washer tub. A worn or broken snubber ring will cause your washer to emit a scraping sound, or you may notice your appliance vibrating excessively. To replace a faulty snubber ring, follow the repair guide below.
Appliance Repair Safety Tips
- Before you start working on your washer, unplug it and turn off its water supply.
- Wear work gloves and safety goggles to protect your hands and eyes.
- If, at any point, you feel as though you can’t safely finish the repair, contact an appliance repair technician to complete the job.
How to Replace the Snubber Ring in Your Frigidaire Washer
- Start your repair by taping down the washer lid. Next, near the left corner, insert a putty knife between the top and front panel. Then, slide the putty knife towards the center of the panels to disengage the locking tab that holds the panels together. Repeat the same process near the right corner. After both locking tabs are released, lift up the top panel and rest it on your laundry room wall.
- Next, unthread the screws at the bottom of the front panel. To release the panel, push down on it and lift it up and off your washer.
- With both panels out of the way, you can remove the two springs at the front of the appliance that helps support the leg and dome assembly.
- After the springs are removed, tilt the washer tub back to get a glimpse of the snubber ring, which sits beneath the leg and dome assembly. In order to slide the snubber ring out, place a medium length wood piece under the assembly, and push down on the wood’s free end to lift the leg and dome assembly up and off the snubber ring. Once you’ve created enough room, reach under the assembly and pull the damaged ring out.
- Before inserting the new snubber ring, make sure the arrows on the part are pointing up. Then, while using the wood piece to lift up the leg and dome assembly, slide the new ring into place. Next, center the snubber ring and set the leg and dome assembly down.
- Start reassembling your washer by replacing the springs that help support the washer tub. After the springs are secure, reattach the front panel and rethread the screws that hold the panel in place. Then, lower the top panel and snap it into the front panel by pushing down on it.
- To finish up your repair, plug your washer in and wash a load of dirty clothes to test out the new snubber ring.
If you have questions about your washer, please contact us today and we’ll be happy to help you.