Your Frigidaire washer’s inner and outer door panels perform two important tasks, they hold the appliance’s door glass in place, and they help create a seal, which keeps water from leaking out of the washer’s door. A leak coming from around the appliance door most likely indicates the inner door panel is cracked. If you inspect the panel and find the component is damaged, you’ll need to replace it by following the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Appliance Repair Safety Tips
- Before you begin repairing your Frigidaire washer model FAFS4174NW, unplug it from the wall and turn off the appliance’s water supply valves.
- Always protect your eyes and hands while working on an appliance by wearing safety glasses and work gloves.
- If you’re having a difficult time finishing the repair, please stop what you’re doing and contact a professional appliance repair technician to take over the job.
How to Replace the Inner Door Panel in Your Frigidaire Washer
- Open your washer door and unthread the three screws that mount the door hinge to the washing machine.
- Take the door off the washer and place it face down on a flat, towel covered work surface.
- Remove all the screws around the inner door panel. Before separating the inner and outer door panels, make sure you take off the door latch. Once the latch is removed, lift up the inner panel to uninstall it from the door assembly.
- Align the screw holes in the new inner door panel with the screw holes in the outer door panel, and then place the inner panel on top of the outer panel. Next, insert and tighten the screws that hold the panels together. Don’t forget to replace the door latch you took off the inner panel.
- Carry the now reassembled door back to your washer. Line-up the holes in the door hinge with the holes in the washer cabinet. Then, reinstall and tighten the screws that secure the door assembly to the washing machine.
- Open and close the washer door a few times to ensure the door shuts properly.
If your washer is leaking and a damaged inner door panel isn’t the cause, please contact us today, and we’ll be happy to inspect and diagnose your washing machine.